Mooney Everett Solicitors is committed to protecting the privacy of our clients and website visitors. We understand the importance you place on the privacy and security of information which personally identifies you, and we value our relationship with you. Whether you are a first time visitor or a regular user, we take your privacy seriously.
We ask you for personal data only when it is needed to provide services you have enquired about, or asked us to provide, or to respond to your requests for information. You do not need to provide us with personal data to browse our site.
Your rights under GDPR
Mooney Everett Solicitors Ltd will be what’s known as the ‘Controller’ of the personal data you provide to us.
The database enables us to select contacts to receive a variety of marketing materials including legal update service, newsletters and invitations to seminars and events.
Your personal data is encrypted and secure at all times.
GDPR gives you the right to access information held about you, and you have the right to correct any data that relates to you.
If at any point you believe the information we process on you is incorrect you can request to see this information and even have it corrected or deleted. If you wish to raise a complaint on how we have handled your personal data, you can contact our Data Protection Officer, Michael White, who will investigate the matter.
How is information collected?
We will collect information from you via enquiry forms or via cookies.
Google Analytics cookies. These cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages they visited.
Most web browsers allow easy management of cookies through browser settings. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
We will also collect your personal data if you allow us via our online enquiry form and opt in consent box.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- internal record keeping.
Basis for processing
The basis on which we process your personal data is one or more of the following:
- It is in our legitimate interest to do so
- You have given us your consent (this can be withdrawn at any time by advising our data protection officer)
Pursuant to GDPR, your name, address, telephone and e-mail will be retained on our marketing database which only Mooney Everett Solicitors, Berners Marketing (our marketing team) and Georgia Design (our web developers) are granted access to review and amend where necessary.
We will not pass your personal information to anyone outside of Mooney Everett Solicitors, Berners Marketing or Georgia Design without your prior consent, except in the following circumstances:
- where we are otherwise legally required to do so (for example to the Inland Revenue, Benefits Agency, any court of competent jurisdiction or any law enforcement agency with statutory authority);
- where in our opinion it is necessary to enable us to provide you with the service which you require, for example, provision of information to expert witnesses or other professional advisors;
- in the event that we sell any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective buyer of such business or assets.
- if Mooney Everett Solicitors or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
How long we keep your information
We will keep your information provided via our enquiry form for 7 days only and our cookies are usually stored for no longer than 90 days.
Our website holds an SSL (secure sockets layer) certificate to authenticate the identity of the website and encrypts information sent to the server using SSL technology.
What are your rights?
You have the following rights under the GDPR:
- Right to be informed
- Right of access
- Right of rectification
- Right to erasure
- Right to restriction of processing
- Right to data portability
- Right to object
- Rights concerning automated decision-making and profiling
Right of access
- You have a right to see the information we hold about you
- To access this you need to provide a request in writing to our data protection officer, together with proof of identity
- We will usually process your request free of charge and within 30 days however we reserve the right to charge a reasonable administration fee and to extend the period of time by a further two months if the request is manifestly unfounded or vexatious and/or is very complex
- Full details are available in our Data Protection Policy which is available on request from the data protection officer
Right to erasure
- You have a right to ask us to erase your personal data in certain cases (details may be found in Article 17 of the GDPR)
- We will deal with your request free of charge and within 30 days but reserve the right to refuse to erase information that we are required to retain by law or regulation, or that is require to exercise or defend legal claims
- To exercise your right to erasure please contact our data protection officer
Who can you complain to?
If you are unhappy about how we are using your information or how we have responded to your request then initially you should contact the data protection officer (Michael White.) If you are not satisfied with our response or believe we are not processing your personal data in accordance with the law you can complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO).