Mooney Everett Solicitors is committed to protecting the privacy of our clients and website visitors. We understand the importance you place on the privacy and security of information which personally identifies you, and we value our relationship with you. Whether you are a first time visitor or a regular user, we take your privacy seriously.
We ask you for personal data only when it is needed to provide services you have enquired about, or asked us to provide, or to respond to your requests for information. You do not need to provide us with personal data to browse our site.
How is information collected?
We will collect information from you via enquiry forms or via cookies.
Google Analytics cookies. These cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages they visited.
Most web browsers allow easy management of cookies through browser settings. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- internal record keeping.
We will not pass your personal information to anyone outside of Mooney Everett Solicitors without your prior consent, except in the following circumstances:
- where we are otherwise legally required to do so (for example to the Inland Revenue, Benefits Agency, any court of competent jurisdiction or any law enforcement agency with statutory authority);
- where in our opinion it is necessary to enable us to provide you with the service which you require, for example, provision of information to expert witnesses or other professional advisors;
- in the event that we sell any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective buyer of such business or assets.
- if Mooney Everett Solicitors or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
Your rights under the Data Protection Act
Pursuant to the Data Protection Act 1998, your name may be retained on our marketing database. The database enables us to select contacts to receive a variety of marketing materials including legal update service, newsletters and invitations to seminars and events.
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you, and you have the right to correct any data that relates to you.
Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
You should contact Samantha Holt, our Data Protection Officer in writing, at 30 Derby Street, Ormskirk L39 2BY